IP means Internet Protocol. It identifies a particular computer on the internet. There are two types of IP addresses, Static IP address and Dynamic IP address. It depends on your internet service provider that they provide you with a dynamic IP address but if you want a static IP address then you will have to request for it.
A static IP address means an IP address which is never changed and a dynamic IP address means the IP address which is always changed whenever you connect or disconnect from the internet.
When we need to change our IP address for security purposes, then it will take sometime to do so. Here is a technique in which you can change your IP address in few minutes.
1. Click on “start” if you are using windows .
2. Click on “:run”
3. Type in “cmd” and press enter. You will now be at the MSDOS prompt command screen
4. Type “ipconfig/release” and press enter
5. Type “exit” and leave the prompt
6. Right click on “Network places”
7. Click on “properties” now you will be at the local area connection screen
8. Right-click on “local area connection” and click on “properties”
9. Double-click on the “internet protocol (TCP/IP)” from the list under the general tab
10. Click on “use the following IP address”
11. Cfreate an IP address of your choice
12. Press the “tab” and it will automatically fill in the subnet mask section with default numbers
13. Click the “Ok” button
14. Click the “ok” button again, it will take you back to local area connection screen.
15. Right-click on the local area connection again and click on properties
16. Then click on the “TCP/IP” settings
17. This time, select “obtain IP address automatically
18. Then click on “OK” twice
19. You will now have your new IP address.
This technique only changes your dynamic IP address and not your ISP/IP address. This changes your LAN IP address but to change your public IP address, you will need a VPN.
Felix Onyenobi is a technology enthusiast and loves to write. He is a co-founder at SkyNet Digital Agency. Also a web developer, Penetration tester and ethical hacker.